Please join our discussion series on various topics in the Indonesian knowledge sector
KSIxChange#29: Regeneration Challenges and Revitalization Efforts in the Agricultural Sector Amid the COVID-19 Pandemic
The emergence of the COVID-19 pandemic highlights food security issues around the world. Specific to developing countries, strengthening food security focuses on empowering small-scale agriculture, since the majority of agricultural land is still managed traditionally. This empowerment includes protecting the welfare of small farmers as a vulnerable group. Therefore, multi-sector discussion is needed to identify opportunities and challenges in order to empower farmers in an inclusive manner. One of the identified challenges is farmer regeneration.
Farmer regeneration can be assisted by innovative solutions, which includes the utilisation of appropriate technology. The younger generation are most familiar with the technology and have the potential to urge innovation and modernization in the agricultural sector, particularly in small to medium scale agriculture. In this case, food security could be pursued within the farmer sustainability empowerment framework through regeneration of farmers, providing resilience and competitiveness, especially during this pandemic.
Opening Remarks: Simon Ernst, Counsellor Development Effectiveness and Sustainability, Australian Embassy Jakarta
Moderator: Nathaniel Rayestu, Asumsi Bersuara
- Anang Noegroho Setyo Moeljono, Director for Food and Agriculture, Ministry of National Development Planning.
- Siti Munifah, Secretary of Agency for Agricultural Extension and Human Resources Development, Ministry of Agriculture
- Fadhli Ilhami, Researcher at AKATIGA
- Lynley Mannell, Portfolio Advisor, Innovative Finance and Technology, PRISMA
- Deeng Sanyoto, Head of Partnership and Social Impact, TaniHub Group
- Evi Sophia, Young Organic Farmers Community "Ketan Pedo" Cibiru, Sukabumi
Livestream: Asumsi YouTube channel
- This event will be delivered in Bahasa Indonesia
- Sign Language and Audio Interpreter in English and Bahasa will be provided
- Please join 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time